Quality Control :
As explained, scheme of quality control is exercised during manufacturing as well as finished product stage :
- In process quality control :
At every important manufacturing phase quality control is exercised. Whether mounted components are correct, polarity is correct, they are mounted in right place and whether lead lengths are O.K. or not, etc. are monitored. The prime consideration is error, if any, should be detected before it becomes permanent. Various inspection stages involved here are:
- Pre -Assembly Inspection
- Sub - Assembly Inspection
- Functional Testing
- Functional Testing in Burn-In oven The instruments used are Digital multimeter, Computer Test Jigs and software, oscilloscopes ,Computerised logic analyser and oven etc.
- Finished Product quality test :
Once the product passes the above in-process tests, final trimming operations like glueing etc. are carried out and then the final product is offered for Quality check. The stages involved are
- Functional testing to all product specifications
- Room -Temperature burn-in of products
- Elevated temperature burn-in at 55° C in Oven
- Vibration testing for finding loose mechanical and electrical joints.
- Special & simulation programmes on computers to subject equipment to actual environment conditions to see the equipment response. The instruments used are Digital multimeter, Computer Test Jigs and software, oscilloscopes ,Computerised logic analyser and oven etc.